Johannesburg South Africa ~Temple~

Johannesburg South Africa ~Temple~

Monday, October 10, 2016

Conference

This week was a good as all weeks are on mission! But this was even better cause we finally watched General Conference and got to be uplifted and edified by the voice of the Prophets and the Apostles. What a great opportunity it is to have living spokesman on the earth who is in touch with the will of god for us. a scripture that has been in my head this weekend is that found in Amos 3:7 which states "Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets". How true is that and we had the opportunity to hear the Lords secrets. It is the same as the mysteries of God. Those mysteries are the things revealed through the prophets that were once hidden! Again what an opportunity that we need to take advantage of!! It was for me hard to concentrate on conference due to the pain I had in my side from falling playing Rugby! It was pretty funny as well I think yall would have laughed at me! I have some cool road rash and will have a cool couple of scars!! So Yeah that sucked really bad but it was worth it of course! I also was able to get Elder Souza this week as my companion! He is the best!! I love that guy! He is from Brazil and has the best accent ever it is Hilarious. Today we got to go to Germiston High School and participate in a assembly. So it turns out school have basically no laws on religion so a few Elders did a presentation about procrastination because they are testing and related it to the gospel. So that was cool and there were a lot of kids there! So yeah awesome weeks here in South Africa! I love you all!! 

Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment