Johannesburg South Africa ~Temple~

Johannesburg South Africa ~Temple~

Monday, May 23, 2016

Exchanges

Hello, 

This week was a very good week!! Part of what made it good as exchanges! I went off to the village of Phokeng for a day and rode a bike with Elder Phiri and Elder Bakes stayed behind with Elder Mpiyakhe. It felt good to work out on the bike instead of being in a car the whole day! Another thing that made it good is that we saw a lot of our investigators as well as meeting a lot of new investigators. One of the new ones who we taught was a family that Elder Bakes and Elder Mpiyakhe met while on those exchanges. There were two older Ladies and a younger 18 year old boy. The boy was the one who was more interested and had a lot of questions which shows his desire to learn. We also had Moven's baptismal interview! He passed with flying colors and is excited to be baptized on the 29th! He asked me to baptize him and the Elder that was here before me to Confirm him! So that will be a really exciting Sunday next week! I am really stoked to see him enter those waters! This week should be nice especially today! We are having a zone activity where we all payed and bought a pig from a member and he is cooking it for us while we play sport! So that should be really fun but we will see. But yanno that is not why we are out here. We are out here to help others to come unto Christ and be saved. I know that and it is what we have been doing out here in Johannesburg. I know that as we put our 100% effort out there and simply Invite we will find joy. I have seen that and I know I will continue to see and feel of that joy. So as much fun as I will have today I will have moretomorrow while we go back out to work! I know the Gospel is true and I know there is no other way except through the atonement we can be saved. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

~Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment