Johannesburg South Africa ~Temple~

Johannesburg South Africa ~Temple~

Monday, November 21, 2016

ONE YEAR!

It is crazy to thing that this coming Thursday will be my hump day! IT feel like yesterday I was in a plane flying here with a  bloody nose but nope that was a year and it is just so surreal that it has been that long. We will be celebrating with a Thanksgiving meal Thursday and will be having a good time hopefully. We will see if the others are down to make food and stuff!! So yeah this week was pretty normal we had some cool lessons we finally got to see Eric who just asked us questions for a hour or so and it was great! We taught him more about the Book of Mormon and he committed to read it better than he was. We also got this cool new family we will be teaching. We have only met the wife and she was nice and invited us back when her Husband is home. The husband loves English and likes to read so that will be a plus in out favor. We have been continuing in the Book of Mormon in 100 days and it is so great and such an inspired challenge. I am learning so much more than I ever thought! We have been chowing and feasting on the words of Christ amd just feeling the Spirit!! I am super excited to finish this round of reading in a month! I have grown while doing it and I know those who are doing it in the mission are growing as well. As I just reflect on the past year I have seen a growth in spirit and in ways I cannot even describe!! It is something I just have loved and will continue to love throughout my life! I look forward to what one more year will do to me and what I will experience in that year. I dont know what will happen but I know it will be for my own good. This work is true and we all have something we can contribute to it. I know the best thing we can do is to "be thou an example of the believers". I just love those here who are those examples and make it so much easier for us to do our work instead of clean up duty. I love you all and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

~Elder Cowan


No comments:

Post a Comment